Enterprise Architect for Business Analysts
Duration: 3 days – Expert led Enterprise Architect hands-on training
Innovative Business Analysts need to find better ways to improve project productivity, reduce risk, and to deliver business value. Learn why the IIBA© selected Enterprise Architect as their BA tool of choice and why they said Enterprise Architect is a “leader [in its field] … offering the Business Analyst community increased value and assistance to achieve greater business outcomes.”
Business leaders need highly effective BA’s, EA’s, and PM’s working as a team to ensure business outcomes are realized. Learn how Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect harmonizes critical roles using a shared reuse repository.
This interactive hands-on workshop is focused on revealing best practices techniques when using Enterprise Architect as a comprehensive Business Process modeling, and Requirements Management productivity tool. This workshop incorporates effective techniques based upon pragmatic proven practices Business Process Modeling techniques (BPMN© 2.0) and the International Institute of Business Analysts (BABOK©).
Practice Hands-on Business Process Improvement Modeling using BPMN 2 – Led by a master Business Analyst
- Learn and Practice a skillful Process Modeling Method
- Learn how Value Chain informs process models
- Create a Process Scope diagram
- Create a When and What Matrix
- Model the Process Happy Path
- Model Alternate Paths, Exception Paths
- Model Child-Level Diagrams
- Learn the easy way to be successful using the BPMN 2.0 Notation
- Learn how when and how to model Events
- Learn how to model Activity and Sequence Flow
- Learn how to model Parallel Split and Join
- Learn how to model Lanes, Pools, and Message Flows
Practice Hands-on Developing the Business Requirements Definition (BRD) - Led by a master Business Analyst
- Learn how to develop a Business Requirements Definition (BRD)
- Business Analysis best practice techniques using the complimentary BABOK
- Learn to skills to develop the Business Requirements Definition
- Practice Requirements Management and re-use requirements
- Create a Stakeholder Analysis
- Create a Context Model
- Learn how to build Sprint Plans
- Model Storyboards and write easy, medium, and difficult stories
- Create a UI Dialog model
- Write Data Requirements, Business Rules, and Functional Requirements
- Model, analyze, document instantly trace requirements across the landscape
- Generate web, spreadsheet and word documents using reuse standard templates
Enterprise Architect Getting Started
- Loading your Course Case Study – Let’s Practice!
- Enterprise Architect for Teamwork and Reuse
- Introducing Students and Instructor
- Understanding Unified Modeling Language
- START - Search in Model – Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN - Package, Diagram, Element – Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Status - Let’s Practice!
- SPECIALIZE - Manage Technologies – Let’s Practice!
- PUBLISH - Documentation
- CONSTRUCT - Testing – Let’s Practice!
- SIMULATE - BPSim
- CODE - Code Generation
- EXECUTE - Debugger, Recorder
- CONFIGURE – Image Library, Security – Let’s Practice!
- Enterprise Architect – Collaboration, Integration, Deployment
Business Process Analyst
- Business Process Best Practice - Let’s Practice!
- Industry Case Study
- Process Modeling Method
- Process Modeling Style
- Step 1 - Model Process Scope - Let’s Practice!
- BPMN Quick and Easy
- Step 2 - Model Happy Path - Let’s Practice!
- Step 3 - Model Complexity - Let’s Practice!
- Step 4 - Determine Who does What - Let’s Practice!
- Step 5 - Model BPMN Final - Let’s Practice!
- Process Requirements and Traceability - Let’s Practice!
- Generate BPMN Website for Sharing - Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Management Best Practices
- Re-use and Traceability across the Landscape
- Develop the Business Requirements Definition - Let’s Practice!
- Scope Context model - Let’s Practice!
- Stakeholder Analysis - Let’s Practice!
- Sprint Planning - Let’s Practice!
- Storyboard model- Let’s Practice!
- Writing a Story - Let’s Practice!
- UI Dialog model - Let’s Practice!
- Data Requirements - Let’s Practice!
- Business Rules - Let’s Practice!
- Functional Requirements - Let’s Practice!
- Tracing Impacts and Requirements - Let’s Practice!
- User Acceptance Testing - Let’s Practice!
- Generate MS Word BRD Document - Let’s Practice!
For Advanced users
- Searching the Repository – Let’s Practice!
- Diagramming Tips – Let’s Practice!
- Traceability Tips– Let’s Practice!
- Create a Custom Tagged Value– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation - Linked Document– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation – Model Document– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation – Customize a Document Template– Let’s Practice!
Experience the most comprehensive Enterprise Architect Training available when you schedule training from INTEGRATE iT. Become practiced and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect.
Mentorship – Ramsay Millar has completed hundreds of business modeling and IT modeling project assignments, and trained over 5,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, and software engineers since 2001. Ramsay maintains an excellent reputation of providing professional skills development and consulting services. We stand behind our services. We offer a money back guarantee.
Interactive Hands-on Training - The INTEGRATE iT USB Pen contains a Digital Course Load including everything you’ll need to get started including reuse Enterprise Architect Repository, Project Templates, Stencils, and Case Studies.
Enterprise Architect Software - Load your Enterprise Architect 30-day free trial to rapidly build your modeling skills. When you Purchase or Renew Enterprise Architect Software directly from INTEGRATE iT you’ll received and immediate 10% Discount when using Coupon Code 10% Training. INTEGRATE IT includes complimentary yearly Help Desk Support for all Sparx Systems Software.
Practice Leaders Guidebook – Contains carefully documented hands-on workshops to augment the USB Digital Course Load. Learn how to apply techniques and hundreds of time saving tips used by industry practitioners. The Hands-on Practice Guidebook is a great reference to accurately recall the more complex workshops covered during Training. The Guidebook contains practical steps required to deliver a project using Enterprise Architect.
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
"It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week" - Director, Agile Software Delivery
"The Business Analyst Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive." - Fiona Lindberg, CBAP - McKesson Health Systems
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy