Business Process Modeling
Duration: 2 days – Virtual Learning and mentorship led by Practice Leader and Sparx SME
Not sure where to start with BPMN 2.0? This intensive "hands-on" Workshop reveals the importance of developing BPMN Process modeling skills and techniques. Work directly with a practice leader using Let’s practice Course Workshops and Case Studies.
Establishing consistent readable process models is essential to any enterprise architecture, portfolio management, business analysis, requirements, and process improvement activity. The industry standard modeling language and notation managed by the Object Management Group (OMG), BPMN 2.0, consists of many visual elements and corresponding rules used for representing a variety of business processes notations and techniques. You’ll practice how to apply the BPMN modeling using provided rapid start patterns and stencils to help you ensure successful adoption BPMN 2.0 at your organization.
Experience hands-on BPMN 2.0 Process modeling and learn how to use Enterprise Architect on your very next project. Discover surprising ways to improve productivity, methods, and techniques. Save time under the watchful eye of a practice leader with over 20 years of in-depth experience consulting and mentoring teams to develop process improvement initiatives. Master Enterprise Architect save time by learning methods and techniques used by leading industry experts and advanced business analysts.
Our expert instructor works closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp lesson plans during the hands-on workshops sessions.
- Leverage the provided fully configured Enterprise Architecture Repository to reduce the learning curve
- Interact with reuse content to understand traceability and impacts
- Practice and Reuse APQC, BPMN Business Process Improvement Patterns and Techniques
- Become confident in your understanding and practices when using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Learn by doing Let’s Practice Workshop using the provided process improvement case study
- Practice Stakeholder Analysis
- Practice modeling Value Chain
- Practice modeling Process Collaboration
- Practice creating a Process Scope to reduce time improving BPMN process models
- Practice Concept Modeling and writing Business Rules
- Practice Developing Process Requirements
- Practice Modeling based upon “Model BPMN Quick and Easy by Bruce Silver
- Generate Business Process Improvement models to the Web or SharePoint
Getting Started with Enterprise Architect
- Course Introductions
- Using your provided Let’s Practice Guide Book – Let’s Practice!
- Login to your provided Architecture Repository – Let’s Practice!
- Why do advanced thinkers Model?
- Using the Enterprise Architect Ribbon – Let’s Practice!
- START – Searching the Model – Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN – Key Concepts - Packages, Diagrams, Elements – Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Themes and Appearance – Let’s Practice!
- DEVELOP – Database Modeling
- PUBLISH – Publish MS Word, MS Excel, HTML, Reports
- SIMULATE – Business Process Simulation (BPSIM)
- SPECIALIZE – A1 Role-based Stencils, Office Integration – Let’s Practice!
- CONSTRUCT – Kanban
- EXECUTE - Code Execution
- CONFIGURE – Repository Settings, Security, Images, Standards
- Deployment Considerations
- Leveraging Reuse Knowledge & Patterns
- Develop the Target Business Architecture – Let’s Practice!
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Business Capability Assessment – Let’s Practice!
- Concept Model & Glossary – Let’s Practice!
- Process Architecture Methods & Techniques
- Value Stream – Let’s Practice!
- Process Cooperation - Let’s Practice!
- Process Scope – Let’s Practice!
- Service Information Accountability – Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Management – Let’s Practice!
- Capability Planning Roadmap – Let’s Practice!
- Resolve Impacts and Traceability – Let’s Practice!
- Formal Stakeholder Review
- Generate the Business Architecture Document - Let’s Practice!
Business Process Modeling
- Process Architecture Methods & Techniques
- Step 1 – Determine Process Scope – Let’s Practice!
- BPMN 2 Quick & Easy
- Step 2 – Model the Happy Path – Let’s Practice!
- Step 3 – Model Complexity – Let’s Practice!
- Step 4 – Determine Who does What – Let’s Practice!
- Step 5 – Add Process Swimlanes – Let’s Practice!
- Add a Sub-Process Diagram – Let’s Practice!
- Trace Business Rules & Requirements – Let’s Practice!
- Generate Business Process Project Website – Let’s Practice!
Experience the most comprehensive Virtual Learning and Mentorship available for learners interested in growing your career. Learn from an experienced consultant and mentor who reveals proven industry best practices and prepares you or your team to become skilled and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems.
Practice Leader, Mentor, Enterprise Architect SME Ramsay Millar has delivered over 1,100 business and technology modeling project assignments and trained over 4,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, agile project managers, solution architects and software engineers since 2001.
The professionals Ramsay has mentored appreciate his common sense, wide industry skills, and the direct experience he brings to the show.
Use your Web Browser to read, learn, search, make notes, and print your personal Practice Leaders eBook. Your supplied eBook contains practical steps required to master and grow confident when using Enterprise Architect to deliver your next project and is directly linked to the ALLin1 EA Repository Case Study.
Download the supplied ALLin1 EA Repository to your PC Desktop. The Repository and additional course resources contain everything you need to get started including a production ready re-useable Repository loaded with Project ad Document Templates, Diagram Stencils, and real-world consulting Case Study samples.
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Solution Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
"It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week" - Director, Agile Software Delivery
"The Business Analyst Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive." - Fiona Lindberg, CBAP - McKesson Health Systems
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy
Healthcare Transformation Case Study