Business Architecture Fundamentals
Let's Practice using Enterprise Architect
2 days - Mentored and written by experienced practitioners and Sparx Systems Certified Consultants
This focused hands-on course reveals the importance of leveraging BiZBoK© and ArchiMate© methods and techniques. Learn directly from your assigned practitioner and you’ll receive you provided Digital Let’s Practice eCourse, Case Study, and Enterprise Architecture Repository to improve productivity and rapid adoption. This course contains 30% theory and 70% hands-on Let’s Practice workshops that apply the theory to practice.
In this turbulent and competitive global economy, and the rapid pace of change in business models involving innovative technology, organizations are challenged to architect new strategies for business transformation. Leaders steering business transformation initiatives, in public and private enterprise, need highly effective strategic business analysts to ensure business outcomes are realized. We all need to reduce the risk of budget overruns and reduce project debt created by highly visible business and technology project failures. This workshop shares insights and prepares your skills for meeting and exceeding this challenging assignment.
The BiZBoK for Business Architects course is founded upon emerging “best practices” of practitioner’s, industry experts, and the Business Architecture Guild (BIZBOK©) methods and standards. This course will prepare you to fully comprehend the practices set forth in the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK©.
Experience insights and techniques with an industry expert workshop leader, who was directly involved in many successful and well-documented transformations over the years covered in this workshop. Learn and practice effective business architecture techniques that align leadership and organizations to deliver successful transformation outcomes.
Skilled techniques and practices are carefully revealed during this engaging interactive workshop where attendees are encouraged to share their real-world challenges to class and learn how to develop an effective business architecture practice.
- Align business strategy, motivation, and vision with outcomes using lessons by experienced practitioners
- Master how to apply the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK© Framework
- Leverage the provided fully configured Enterprise Architecture Repository to reduce the learning curve
- Interact with reuse content to understand traceability and impacts
- Reuse Archimate and BiZBoK Business Architecture Patterns
- Create business architecture content based on BABoK®, BiZBoK®, ArchiMate® best practices
- Become confident in your understanding and practices when using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Learn by doing Let’s Practice Workshop using the provided transformation case study
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
- Login to the EA Repository – Let’s Practice!
- What’s an Enterprise Architecture Repository
- Configuring Enterprise Architect
- Modeling Best Practices
- START – Search the Model – Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN – Master EA Modeling – Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Themes and Appearance – Let’s Practice!
- DEVELOP – Database Modeling
- PUBLISH – Publish Documentation
- SIMULATE – Business Process Simulation
- SPECIALIZE - Microsoft Office Integration
- CONSTRUCT – Kanban
- EXECUTE - Code Execution
- CONFIGURE – Security, Groups, Permissions
- Enterprise Architect –Share, Engage, Collaborate
Strategy & Motivation
- Leveraging Business Architecture best practices
- What does success look like?
- Establish the architecture project – Let’s Practice!
- Stakeholder Analysis - Let’s Practice!
- Confirm drivers and goals – Let’s Practice!
- In Scope Capabilities
- Confirm Business Principles – Let’s Practice!
- Define the Architecture Vision
- Define the target business case
- Identify transformation risks and mitigation strategy
- Establish the transformation Communication Plan!
- Generate the Transformation Project Vision Document – Let’s Practice!
- Business Architecture best practices
- Leveraging Reuse Knowledge & Patterns
- Strategy and Motivation
- Stakeholder Analysis - – Let’s Practice!
- Business Scenario
- In Scope Capabilities – Let’s Practice!
- Business Goals – Let’s Practice!
- Business Drivers – Let’s Practice!
- Business Outcomes – Let’s Practice!
- Value Stream – Let’s Practice!
- Process Collaboration – Let’s Practice!
- Business Service Model
- Business Requirements – Let’s Practice!
- Define roadmap components
- Resolve Impacts & Traceability – Let’s Practice!
- Generate Reports - Let’s Practice!
- Conduct formal stakeholder review
Experience the most comprehensive Virtual Learning and Mentorship available for learners interested in growing your career. Learn from an experienced consultant and mentor who reveals proven industry best practices and prepares you or your team to become skilled and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems.
Practice Leader, Mentor, Enterprise Architect SME Ramsay Millar has delivered over 1,100 business and technology modeling project assignments and trained over 4,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, agile project managers, solution architects and software engineers since 2001.
The professionals Ramsay has mentored appreciate his common sense, wide industry skills, and the direct experience he brings to the show.
Use your Web Browser to read, learn, search, make notes, and print your personal Practice Leaders eBook. Your supplied eBook contains practical steps required to master and grow confident when using Enterprise Architect to deliver your next project and is directly linked to the ALLin1 EA Repository Case Study.
Download the supplied ALLin1 EA Repository to your PC Desktop. The Repository and additional course resources contain everything you need to get started including a production ready reuseable Repository loaded with Project ad Document Templates, Diagram Stencils, and real-world consulting Case Study samples.
“It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week” – Director, Agile Software Delivery
“The Business Analyst Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive.” - Fiona Lindberg, CBAP – McKesson Health Systems
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy
Healthcare Transformation Case Study