Object-Oriented Analysis & Design for Team Players
Duration: 2.5 days – Hands-on with Enterprise Architect
Led by Object-Oriented early adopter and Sparx Enterprise Architect Expert
This intensive "hands-on" Workshop reveals the importance of developing UML modeling skills and productivity techniques. Work directly with a practice leader using the provided Digital study guide and Enterprise Architect Case Study.
Successful business and software requirements integrated with software engineering delivery cuts to the very core of managing business expectations and delivering quality business and software application solutions.
Experience hands-on UML modeling and learn how to use Enterprise Architect for your next project. Discover surprising ways to improve quality and save time under the watchful eye of practice leaders. Rapidly practice and learn an agile approach and practice modeling using Object Management Group Unified Modeling Language (UML). Learn where and why to apply each diagram.
- Learn how to use Sparx Enterprise Architect to deliver your next project
- Practice developing Requirements, Analysis, Design, Implementation, and Testing
- Learn how UML models are effective for requirements and software development projects
- Learn which UML diagram to choose to meet your specific modeling needs
- Receive a confident introduction and Getting Started skills to master Enterprise Architect
- Practice Developing Business Requirements Definition
- Practice modeling Stakeholder Analysis
- Practice modeling the Scope of Work
- Practice modeling a Storyboard, and writing a use case story
- Practice writing requirements for re-use and traceability
- Generate Documentation
- Practice OOAD Analysis techniques using Solution Building Blocks
- Practice modeling a UI Dialogs
- Practice modeling a UML Component model
- Practice modeling the Logical Data model
- Practice OOAD Design techniques
- Practice modeling a Design Sequence diagram
- Practice modeling a State Machine
- Practice modeling a Class diagrams using Composition and Inheritance
- Practice modeling a Become practiced and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect
Experience the most comprehensive Virtual Learning and Mentorship available for learners interested in growing your career. Learn from an experienced consultant and mentor who reveals proven industry best practices and prepares you or your team to become skilled and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems.
Practice Leader, Mentor, Enterprise Architect SME Ramsay Millar has delivered over 1,100 business and technology modeling project assignments and trained over 4,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, agile project managers, solution architects and software engineers since 2001.
The professionals Ramsay has mentored appreciate his common sense, wide industry skills, and the direct experience he brings to the show.
Use your Web Browser to read, learn, search, make notes, and print your personal Practice Leaders eBook. Your supplied eBook contains practical steps required to master and grow confident when using Enterprise Architect to deliver your next project and is directly linked to the ALLin1 EA Repository Case Study.
Download the supplied ALLin1 EA Repository to your PC Desktop. The Repository and additional course resources contain everything you need to get started including a production ready reuseable Repository loaded with Project ad Document Templates, Diagram Stencils, and real-world consulting Case Study samples.
- Business Analysts
- Process Analysts
- Enterprise Architects
- Project Managers
- Solution Architects
- Software Engineers
- Students of Agile Software Engineering (OOAD
Getting Started with Enterprise Architect
- Login to the ALLin1 EA Repository – Let’s Practice!
- What is an Enterprise Architecture Repository? – Let’s Practice!
- Modeling Best Practices
- START – Searching the Model - Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN - Mastering diagrams - Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Themes and Appearance – Let’s Practice!
- DEVELOP – Database Modeling
- PUBLISH – Publish Documentation
- SIMULATE – Business Process Simulation
- SPECIALIZE - Microsoft Office Integration
- CONSTRUCT – Kanban
- EXECUTE - Code Execution
- CONFIGURE – Security, Groups, Permissions
- Enterprise Architect – Model, Share, Engage, Collaborate
- Business Analysis Best Practices
- Re-use Frameworks
- Stories and Requirements drive Solution Delivery
- Business Requirements Definition - Let’s Practice!
- Stakeholder Analysis – Let’s Practice!
- Concept model – Let’s Practice!
- Scope of Work – Let’s Practice!
- Storyboard Scenario – Let’s Practice!
- Writing a Use Case story– Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Traceability – Let’s Practice!
- Generate a MS Word Document
- Solutions Architecture Best Practices
- Re-use Frameworks
- Solution Architecture Definition
- Stakeholder Views
- Reuse Catalogs – Let’s Practice!
- Solution Building Blocks – Let’s Practice!
- UI Dialog model – Let’s Practice!
- Component Model – Let’s Practice!
- Data Modeling – Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Traceability – Let’s Practice!
- Software Engineering best practices
- The Object-Oriented Approach
- Software Engineering Design Deliverables
- Create a Sequence diagram – Let’s Practice!
- Adding Messages & Operations – Let’s Practice!
- Adding a Fragment
- Extend to another Sequence diagram – Let’s Practice!
- Create a State Machine – Let’s Practice!
- Create a Class diagram – Let’s Practice!
- Adding an Aggregation Association – Let’s Practice!
- Adding Inheritance Association – Let’s Practice!
- Implementation packages
- Reverse Engineer Code
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
“Congrats and we who have taken a Ramsay Millar class know his superior technical education skills. Content, delivery, and real-world practical application of what you learn is his hallmark. INTEGRATE IT Inc. is so fortunate to have such a professional on staff for so long. When you have Ramsay as a mentor and instructor, you are a student for life, and you resolve the toughest issues together. Thank you, Ramsay; I am so grateful to be a student of your work. I hope soon the world will see the value of your work and why it is the cornerstone of digital transformation—looking for the 25th year!“ – Patrick Simon, Beehive Consulting
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy