TOGAF© Certification Mentorship
Duration: 4 days – Led by Expert Enterprise Architect
Today's CEOs know that the effective management and exploitation of information technology is a key factor to business success, and an indispensable means to achieving operational excellence. A well-formed Enterprise Architecture practice addresses this need, by providing a strategic context for the evolution of business and IT system in response to the constantly changing needs of the business environment. TOGAF, an Open Group standard, is a proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by leading global organizations to improve business efficiency. TOGAF helps organizations to avoid being locked into legacy and proprietary solutions, utilize scarce resources more efficiently and effectively, and to realize a greater return on investment. TOGAF is the leading industry-standard Architecture Framework that may be used freely by your organization to develop and align the business models and related information systems architecture to realize successful business and IT transformation outcomes.
This course is required to thoroughly understand how the TOGAF ADM methods and structures work effectively for students who need to both, deploy TOGAF, and receive the career changing value and respect of attaining the full TOGAF 9.1 Certification upon completion. The course is designed for architects who are interested in learning more about TOGAF 9 using a pragmatic hands-on approach when adopting TOGAF 9 Architecture Development Method, standards and best practices using real world comprehensive case study.
The purpose of an Enterprise Architecture capability is to identify and manage the people, process and technology elements of an organization. All elements need to be clearly understood and available in an interactive model which can then be used to evaluate existing operations and manage change over time. The key advantages that result from a good enterprise architecture bring important business benefits, which are clearly visible in the net profit or loss of any organization.
As a comprehensive method for Enterprise Architecture, TOGAF 9 compliments, and can be used in conjunction with, other frameworks that are more focused on specific aspects of architecture. The TOGAF framework is openly available and useful across all business sectors such as Government, Defense, Finance, Insurance, Healthcare, Retail and many others
Perform hands-on workshops following one cycle of the TOGAF ADM under the watchful eye of a highly skilled Enterprise Architect with years of successful deployments. Experience and expertise matters.
- Introduction – Day 1
- Management Overview
- TOGAF 9 Components
- Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- Enterprise Continuum
- Architecture Governance
- Partitions Levels and Iterations
- Architecture Skills Framework
- Views and Viewpoints
- Architecture Vision Phase – Day 2
- Stakeholder Management
- Implementation Support
- Business Architecture Phase
- Information Systems Phase – Application Architecture
- Information Systems Phase – Data Architecture
- Technology Architecture Phase
- Opportunities and Solutions Phase – Day 3
- Migration Planning Phase
- Migration Planning Techniques
- Implementation Governance Phase
- Architecture Change Management Phase
- Management Phase
- Preliminary Phase – Day 4
- Architecture Repository
- Architecture Content Framework
- Content Meta model
- TOGAF 9 Review
- Level 1 – Practice testing and debrief
- Level 2 – Practice testing and debrief
- Course closing and Evaluation
Save time and immediately power up your practice during the course and your next project. Every participant receives the following course handouts:
- Color hand-outs of TOGAF 9 Components
- TOGAF 9.1 Project Templates
- Completed 9.1 TOGAF Certification PDF Reference Guide
- Suggested Work Packages to generate the Architecture Definition Documents for Business, Application, Data and Technology domains into MS Word, SharePoint or Web
- Work Packages to generate the Migration planning Roadmaps into MS Word, SharePoint or Web
- Requirements Management catalog for knowledge sharing and reuse
- Reuse Matrices and Diagram Patterns
- MS Word, MS Excel reporting and documentation reuse Templates
- 943 page TOGAF 9.1 Certification Reference Guide
- Executives, VPs/Directors
- Strategic Planners
- Business Managers
- Business Architects
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Enterprise Architects who need to rapidly deploy TOGAF 9
- Individuals who require a practical non-academic approach when using TOGAF 9.1
- All practitioners who wish to become TOGAF 9.1 Certified
- Learn the TOGAF ADM from a highly practiced Enterprise Architect practitioner, then practice taking the TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 and Level 2 exams during the last day of class. Your instructor will grade your results and then debrief your practice exam answers to ensure you pass the TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 and Level 2 Prometrics exam.
- TOGAF Certification Examination (Level 1 and Level 2) may be purchased from Prometrics.
- Students may schedule their exams at a Prometrics Test Center in your area. A Prometrics Test voucher is valid for one year. You must pass both Exams to achieve full TOGAF 9.1 certification.
"The INTEGRATED Repository provided during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive." Fiona Lindberg, CBAP – McKesson Health Systems, Atlanta, GA
"I really liked the translation of theoretical TOGAF to the many real world examples shared by our instructor. Who said that TOGAF is abstract it may be the instructor that makes the key difference to learning and passing the exam?"” – Information Architect, State of California, Sacramento
"Overall I think I can use the TOGAF ADM in our organization to translate IT geek speak into something the Executive will understand and support going forward" – Enterprise Architect, Energy Sector, Charlotte, NC
"Ramsay Millar was great and I get see a huge benefit for our organization and I passed the exam the first time" – Solution Architect, Standard and Poor, NY
"I feel every architect in our organization must study the TOGAF, they are missing so much" – Business Architect, Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco
Experience the most comprehensive Virtual Learning and Mentorship available for learners interested in growing your career. Learn from an experienced consultant and mentor who reveals proven industry best practices and prepares you or your team to become skilled and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems.
Practice Leader, Mentor, Enterprise Architect SME Ramsay Millar has delivered over 1,100 business and technology modeling project assignments and trained over 4,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, agile project managers, solution architects and software engineers since 2001.
The professionals Ramsay has mentored appreciate his common sense, wide industry skills, and the direct experience he brings to the show.
Access your personal licensed TOGAF Practitioners Course Guide PDF to study, search, print, and make notes on for future reference. Your Digital Courseware contains practical steps to follow to deliver your next project using Enterprise Architect.
TOGAF Practitioners Startup Toolkit includes: Case Study Examples; Comprehensive TOGAF Reference Guides, TOGAF Color Components Hand-outs, Reuse MS Word Document Templates, and TOGAF Study Guides, and Exam Tests for Level 1 & Level 2