Business Analysis Fundamentals
Let's Practice using Enterprise Architect
3 days - Mentored and written by experienced practitioners and Sparx Systems Certified Consultants
This focused hands-on course reveals the importance of leveraging ArchiMate©, BABoK©, BiZBoK©, and IREB©, methods and techniques. Learn directly from your assigned practitioner and you’ll receive you provided Digital Let’s Practice eCourse, Case Study, and Enterprise Architecture Repository to improve productivity and rapid adoption. This course contains 30% theory and 70% hands-on Let’s Practice workshops that apply the theory to practice.
Business leaders need highly effective BA’s, EA’s, and PM’s working as a team to ensure business outcomes are realized. Learn how Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect harmonizes critical roles using a shared reuse repository. Innovative Business Analysts need to find better ways to improve project productivity, reduce risk, and to deliver business value. Learn why the IIBA© selected Enterprise Architect as their BA tool of choice and why they said Enterprise Architect is a “leader [in its field] … offering the Business Analyst community increased value and assistance to achieve greater business outcomes.
This interactive hands-on workshop is focused on revealing best practices techniques when using Enterprise Architect as a comprehensive Business Business Modeling, Business Process Improvement Modeling, and Requirements Management productivity tool. This workshop incorporates effective techniques based upon pragmatic proven practices from the Business Architecture Guild (BIZBoK©), the International Institute of Business Analysts (BABOK©), Business Process Improvement using BPMN© and the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB 2).
- Become confident in your understanding and practices when using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Leverage the provided fully configured Enterprise Architecture Repository to reduce the learning curve
- Learn by doing Let’s Practice Workshop using the provided transformation case study
- Practice how to apply the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK© Framework
- Align business strategy, motivation, and vision with outcomes using Business Capability models
- Interact with reuse content to understand traceability and impacts
- Practice how to apply the Business Process Improvements using BPMN© Notation
- Align business strategy to Value Stream, Process Cooperation, Process Scope and Swim Lane diagrams
- Practice how to apply the Business Analysis International BABoK© Framework
- Practice modeling, reporting, and tracing Business and Solution Requirements
- Model Sprint Plans, User Stories, UI Prototypes all trace to Requirements to produce high quality solutions
- Login to the EA Repository – Let’s Practice!
- What’s an Enterprise Architecture Repository!
- Configuring Enterprise Architect
- Modeling Best Practices
- START – Search the Model – Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN – Master EA Modeling – Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Themes and Appearance – Let’s Practice!
- DEVELOP – Database Modeling
- PUBLISH – Publish Documentation
- SIMULATE – Business Process Simulation
- SPECIALIZE - Microsoft Office Integration
- CONSTRUCT – Kanban
- EXECUTE - Code Execution
- CONFIGURE – Security, Groups, Permissions
- Enterprise Architect –Share, Engage, Collaborate
Strategy & Motivation
- Leveraging Business Architecture best practices
- What does success look like?
- Establish the architecture project – Let’s Practice!
- Stakeholder Analysis - Let’s Practice!
- Confirm drivers and goals – Let’s Practice!
- In Scope Capabilities
- Confirm Business Principles – Let’s Practice!
- Define the Architecture Vision
- Define the target business case
- Identify transformation risks and mitigation strategy
- Establish the transformation Communication Plan!
- Generate the Transformation Project Vision Document – Let’s Practice!
- Business Architecture best practices
- Leveraging Reuse Knowledge & Patterns
- Strategy and Motivation
- Stakeholder Analysis - – Let’s Practice!
- Business Scenario
- In Scope Capabilities – Let’s Practice!
- Business Goals – Let’s Practice!
- Business Drivers – Let’s Practice!
- Business Outcomes – Let’s Practice!
- Value Stream – Let’s Practice!
- Process Collaboration – Let’s Practice!
- Business Service Model
- Business Requirements – Let’s Practice!
- Define roadmap components
- Resolve Impacts & Traceability – Let’s Practice!
- Generate Reports - Let’s Practice!
- Conduct formal stakeholder review
Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Best Practice - Let’s Practice!
- Industry Case Study
- Process Modeling Method
- Process Modeling Style
- Step 1 - Model Process Scope
- BPMN Quick and Easy
- Step 2 - Model Happy Path - Let’s Practice!
- Step 3 - Model Complexity - Let’s Practice!
- Step 4 - Determine Who does What - Let’s Practice!
- Step 5 - Model BPMN Final - Let’s Practice!
- Process Requirements and Traceability - Let’s Practice!
- Generate BPMN Website for Sharing - Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Management Best Practices
- Leverage Re-use Models
- Stories & Requirements drive Solution Delivery
- Software Requirements Specification – Let’s Practice!
- Review Business Architecture & Process Model– Let’s Practice!
- Sprint Plan– Let’s Practice!
- Storyboard Model– Let’s Practice!
- Writing a Use Case story– Let’s Practice!
- UI Dialog– Let’s Practice!
- Project Requirements– Let’s Practice!
- Resolve impacts & Traceability– Let’s Practice!
- User Acceptance Testing
- Generate MS Word documentation– Let’s Practice!
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
"Congrats and we who have taken a Ramsay Millar class know his superior technical education skills. Content, delivery, and real-world practical application of what you learn is his hallmark. INTEGRATE IT Inc. is so fortunate to have such a professional on staff for so long. When you have Ramsay as a mentor and instructor, you are a student for life, and you resolve the toughest issues together. Thank you, Ramsay; I am so grateful to be a student of your work. I hope soon the world will see the value of your work and why it is the cornerstone of digital transformation—looking for the 25th year!" - Patrick Simon, Beehive Consulting
"It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week" - Director, Agile Software Delivery
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy
"The Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive." – Fiona Lindberg, Business Architect – McKesson Health Systems
Experience the most comprehensive Virtual Learning and Mentorship available for learners interested in growing your career. Learn from an experienced consultant and mentor who reveals proven industry best practices and prepares you or your team to become skilled and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems.
Practice Leader, Mentor, Enterprise Architect SME Ramsay Millar has delivered over 1,100 business and technology modeling project assignments and trained over 4,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, agile project managers, solution architects and software engineers since 2001.
The professionals Ramsay has mentored appreciate his common sense, wide industry skills, and the direct experience he brings to the show.
Use your Web Browser to read, learn, search, make notes, and print your personal Practice Leaders eBook. Your supplied eBook contains practical steps required to master and grow confident when using Enterprise Architect to deliver your next project and is directly linked to the ALLin1 EA Repository Case Study.
Download the supplied ALLin1 EA Repository to your PC Desktop. The Repository and additional course resources contain everything you need to get started including a production ready reuseable Repository loaded with Project ad Document Templates, Diagram Stencils, and real-world consulting Case Study samples.