Enterprise Architect for Business Architects
Duration: 3 days – Expert led Enterprise Architect hands-on training.
In this turbulent and competitive global economy, and the rapid pace of change in business models involving innovative technology, organizations are challenged to architect new strategies for business transformation.
Leaders steering business transformation initiatives, in public and private enterprise, need highly effective strategic business analysts to ensure business outcomes are realized. We all need to reduce the risk of budget overruns, and reduce project debt created by highly visible business and technology project failures. This workshop shares insights and prepares your skills for meeting and exceeding this challenging assignment.
The Business Architecture Implementation workshop is based upon emerging “best practices” of shared by industry experts, the Business Architecture Guild (BIZBOK©) and reveals how to deliver a Business Architecture Transformation Project using pragmatic and effective techniques. This course will prepare you to fully comprehend the practices set forth in the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK©
Experience insights and techniques with an industry expert workshop leader, who was directly involved in many successful and well-documented transformations over the years covered in this workshop. Learn and practice effective business architecture techniques that align leadership and organizations to deliver successful transformation outcomes.
Skilled techniques and practices are carefully revealed during this engaging interactive workshop where attendees are encouraged to share their real-world challenges to class and learn how to develop an effective business architecture practice. You will learn how to:
- Leverage the What, Where, When, Why and How of Business Architecture.
- Align business strategy, vision with expected outcomes using metrics Leverage lessons from major business and technology transformations
- Reuse Business Architecture Patterns
- How to perform a capability assessment
- Leverage lean value stream assessment
- How to apply process scoping assessment
- How to apply service accountability assessment
- Master how to use the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK© Frameworks
- Practice Business Process Improvement using BPMN
- Perform a workshop using the provided transformation case study
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
Enterprise Architect Getting Started
- Loading your Course Case Study
- Enterprise Architect
- Understanding Unified Modeling Language
- START - Search in Model – Do Now!
- DESIGN - Package, Diagram, Element – Do Now!
- LAYOUT - Status - Do Now!
- SPECIALIZE - Manage Technologies – Do Now!
- PUBLISH - Documentation – Do Now!
- CONSTRUCT - Testing – Do Now!
- SIMULATE - BPSim
- CODE - Code Generation
- EXECUTE - Debugger, Recorder
- CONFIGURE – Image Library, Security – Do Now!
- Enterprise Architect – Collaboration and Integration
- Architecture Vision best practices
- Establish the Architecture project
- Identify enterprise stakeholders, concerns, and goals
- Confirm and elaborate goals, objectives, and constraints
- Define and evaluate capabilities
- Assess readiness for Transformation
- Scope the organizations impacted
- Confirm and elaborate Principles
- Develop the Business Scenario
- Develop the Architecture Vision
- Define the target architecture business case
- Identify the Transformation risks and mitigation
- Establish the Transformation communication plan
- Develop Statement of Architecture Work
- Business Architecture best practices
- Select reference models, viewpoints, and patterns
- Develop the Baseline Business Architecture
- Solution Stakeholder Scope
- Business Context
- Capability model
- Value Stream
- Process Scope
- Service Collaboration model
- Information model
- Business Architecture Requirements
- Relationship Matrix
- Manage Baselines
- Develop the Target Business Architecture
- Perform gap analysis
- Define roadmap components
- Resolve impacts across the architecture landscape
- Conduct formal stakeholder review
- Generate the Business Architecture Definition
Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Best Practice
- Industry Case Study
- Process Modeling Method
- Process Modeling Style
- Step 1 – Model Process Scope
- BPMN Quick and Easy
- Step 2 – Model Happy Path
- Step 3 – Model Complexity
- Step 4 – Determine Who does What
- Step 5 – Model BPMN Final
- Process Requirements and Traceability
- Generate BPMN Web Documentation
Save time and immediately power up your practice during the course and your next project. Every participant receives the following course handouts
- Course Guidebook and Self-Study Case study
- Complimentary ALLin1 Repository
- Complimentary ALLin1 Stencils, Diagram and Matrices
- Repository Help Screens to rapidly learn how to model and deploy your first project
- Work Packages Standard Templates to generate documentation
- Pre-built reuse Catalogs, Matrices, Diagram Patterns
- MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint integration and reuse Templates
- Receive Community Sharing and support on LinkedIn Enterprise Architect User Group
“Energy company six months of researching and harmonizing the many sometimes competing standards. The fully configured INTEGRATED Toolkit Repository came as a great surprise. After our focused training led by Ramsay Millar we immediately set to work delivering business with reduced risks to our clients during a mission critical business and IT transformation project.” – Senior Business Architect, Energy Sector
“It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week” – Director, Agile Software Delivery
“The Business Analyst Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive.” - Fiona Lindberg, CBAP – McKesson Health Systems
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy