Enterprise Architect for Business Architects
Duration: 3 days – Expert led Enterprise Architect hands-on training.
In this turbulent and competitive global economy, and the rapid pace of change in business models involving innovative technology, organizations are challenged to architect new strategies for business transformation.
Leaders steering business transformation initiatives, in public and private enterprise, need highly effective strategic business analysts to ensure business outcomes are realized. We all need to reduce the risk of budget overruns, and reduce project debt created by highly visible business and technology project failures. This workshop shares insights and prepares your skills for meeting and exceeding this challenging assignment.
The Business Architecture Implementation workshop is based upon emerging “best practices” of shared by industry experts, the Business Architecture Guild (BIZBOK©) and reveals how to deliver a Business Architecture Transformation Project using pragmatic and effective techniques. This course will prepare you to fully comprehend the practices set forth in the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK©
Experience insights and techniques with an industry expert workshop leader, who was directly involved in many successful and well-documented transformations over the years covered in this workshop. Learn and practice effective business architecture techniques that align leadership and organizations to deliver successful transformation outcomes.
Skilled techniques and practices are carefully revealed during this engaging interactive workshop where attendees are encouraged to share their real-world challenges to class and learn how to develop an effective business architecture practice. You will learn how to:
- Leverage the What, Where, When, Why and How of Business Architecture.
- Align business strategy, vision with expected outcomes using metrics Leverage lessons from major business and technology transformations
- Reuse Business Architecture Patterns
- How to perform a capability assessment
- Leverage lean value stream assessment
- How to apply process scoping assessment
- How to apply service accountability assessment
- Master how to use the Business Architecture Guild BIZBOK© Frameworks
- Practice Business Process Improvement using BPMN
- Perform a workshop using the provided transformation case study
Our expert instructors work closely with every student to personally ensure they fully grasp every lesson plan during the hands-on workshops sessions to ensure that the Certification is achieved.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Certification
- Certificate of Education Credits
- Business Analysts
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- QA Testing Analysts
Enterprise Architect Getting Started
- Loading your Course Case Study – Let’s Practice!
- Enterprise Architect for Teamwork and Reuse
- Introducing Students and Instructor
- Understanding Unified Modeling Language
- START - Search in Model – Let’s Practice!
- DESIGN - Package, Diagram, Element – Let’s Practice!
- LAYOUT - Status - Let’s Practice!
- SPECIALIZE - Manage Technologies – Let’s Practice!
- PUBLISH - Documentation
- CONSTRUCT - Testing – Let’s Practice!
- SIMULATE - BPSim
- CODE - Code Generation
- EXECUTE - Debugger, Recorder
- CONFIGURE – Image Library, Security – Let’s Practice!
- Enterprise Architect – Collaboration, Integration, Deployment
- Architecture Vision best practices
- Establish the Architecture project – Let’s Practice!
- Identify enterprise stakeholders, concerns, and goals – Let’s Practice!
- Confirm and elaborate goals, objectives, and constraints
- Define and evaluate capabilities – Let’s Practice!
- Assess readiness for Transformation
- Scope the organizations impacted
- Confirm and elaborate Principles – Let’s Practice!
- Develop the Business Scenario – Let’s Practice!
- Develop the Architecture Vision
- Define the target architecture business case
- Identify the Transformation risks and mitigation
- Establish the Transformation communication plan – Let’s Practice!
- Develop Statement of Architecture Work – Let’s Practice!
- Business Architecture best practices
- Select reference models, viewpoints, and patterns
- Develop the Baseline Business Architecture Definition – Let’s Practice!
- Scope the Business Operating Model – Let’s Practice!
- Concept model – Let’s Practice!
- Service Information Accountability model – Let’s Practice!
- Process Architecture, Value Chain, Customer Journey
- Process Scope – Let’s Practice!
- Develop the Target Business Architecture Definition
- RACI Relationship Matrix – Let’s Practice!
- Capability Assessment – Let’s Practice!
- Requirements Management
- Perform gap analysis (Manage Baselines) - Let’s Practice!
- Define Business Architecture Roadmap
- Resolve impacts across the architecture landscape - Let’s Practice!
- Generate the Business Architecture Definition - Let’s Practice!
- Conduct formal stakeholder review
Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Best Practice - Let’s Practice!
- Industry Case Study
- Process Modeling Method
- Process Modeling Style
- Step 1 - Model Process Scope - Let’s Practice!
- BPMN Quick and Easy
- Step 2 - Model Happy Path - Let’s Practice!
- Step 3 - Model Complexity - Let’s Practice!
- Step 4 - Determine Who does What - Let’s Practice!
- Step 5 - Model BPMN Final - Let’s Practice!
- Process Requirements and Traceability - Let’s Practice!
- Generate BPMN Website for Sharing - Let’s Practice!
For Advanced users
- Searching the Repository – Let’s Practice!
- Diagramming Tips – Let’s Practice!
- Traceability Tips– Let’s Practice!
- Create a Custom Tagged Value– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation - Linked Document– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation – Model Document– Let’s Practice!
- Documentation – Customize a Document Template– Let’s Practice!
Experience the most comprehensive Enterprise Architect Training available when you schedule training from INTEGRATE iT. Become practiced and confident in your use of Enterprise Architect.
Mentorship – Ramsay Millar has completed hundreds of business modeling and IT modeling project assignments, and trained over 5,000 business architects, business analysts, enterprise architects, and software engineers since 2001. Ramsay maintains an excellent reputation of providing professional skills development and consulting services. We stand behind our services. We offer a money back guarantee.
Interactive Hands-on Training - The INTEGRATE iT USB Pen contains a Digital Course Load including everything you’ll need to get started including reuse Enterprise Architect Repository, Project Templates, Stencils, and Case Studies.
Enterprise Architect Software - Load your Enterprise Architect 30-day free trial to rapidly build your modeling skills. When you Purchase or Renew Enterprise Architect Software directly from INTEGRATE iT you’ll received and immediate 10% Discount when using Coupon Code 10% Training. INTEGRATE IT includes complimentary yearly Help Desk Support for all Sparx Systems Software.
Practice Leaders Guidebook – Contains carefully documented hands-on workshops to augment the USB Digital Course Load. Learn how to apply techniques and hundreds of time saving tips used by industry practitioners. The Hands-on Practice Guidebook is a great reference to accurately recall the more complex workshops covered during Training. The Guidebook contains practical steps required to deliver a project using Enterprise Architect.
“It has been nearly impossible to figure out how to use Enterprise Architect to manage a real project. INTEGRATE iT involved the entire project team and we are saving time and producing quality requirements within one week” – Director, Agile Software Delivery
“The Business Analyst Toolkits provided by INTEGRATE iT during the course saved twenty business analysts at our Fortune 10 Healthcare company many months of standards work and setup time, we began our critical project immediately after training. There isn’t a week that goes by when I’m not using one of the productivity tools to help solve problems, speed things or make my team more productive.” - Fiona Lindberg, CBAP – McKesson Health Systems
"Even though Enterprise Architect is an extremely powerful tool and more feature rich than all the competing products we have reviewed in our RFP, it is hard to apply it without proper mentorship and an agile unified process that unfolds a step by step example of doing a project." – Marc Ginns, Chief Enterprise Architect, Duke Energy